21. When the external intercostal muscles contract, the thoracic volume increases
22. Which of the following muscles does (do) not contract during extreme forced expiration—as in coughing?
23. Air that is moved in and out of the lungs during normal quiet breathing is called
24. When a person takes a very deep breath of air just prior to diving into water, this volume of air is referred to as
25. When the “wind” is knocked out of a football player because of a hard blow to the thorax or abdomen, the airthat is actually forced out of his lungs is
26. The principal respiratory center that directly controls breathing is located in
27. The diaphragm is innervated by
28. Which of the following does (do) not contain respiratory chemoreceptors?
29. The two cranial nerves that transmit sensory information to the brain from the peripheral, respiratory chemoreceptors are
30. During embryonic development, the olfactory placode becomes
USA - United States of America Canada United Kingdom Australia New Zealand South America Brazil Portugal England Scotland Norway Ireland Denmark France Spain Poland Netherland Germany Sweden South Africa Ghana Tanzania Nigeria Kenya Ethiopia Zambia Singapore Malaysia India Pakistan Nepal Taiwan Philippines Libya Cambodia Hong Kong China UAE - Saudi Arabia Qatar Oman Kuwait Bahrain Dubai Israil and many more....