11. Assertion: Living organisms are self replicating, evolving and self regulating unit.
Reason: These are capable of responding to external stimuli.
12. The process to standardize the naming of living organisms is called nomenclature. Obviously, the nomenclature is only possible when the organism is described correctly and we know to what organism the name is attached to this is identification. The system of providing scientific name with two components is called Binomial Nomenclature. The scientific name ensures that each organism is identified by only one name all across the world. They also ensures that such a name has not been used for any other known organism. Scientific names for plants are provided in ICBN and for animals, in ICZN. Who proposed binomial nomenclature?
13. From the passage in question number 16, Which of the following is an example of binomial scientific name?
14. From the passage in question number 16, In binomial nomenclature, the name of organism consists of
15. From the passage in question number 16, ICBN stands for
16. From the passage in question number 16, In binomial nomenclature, ...............epithet starts with small letter
17. All living organisms grow. Increase in mass and increase in number are twin characteristic of growth. Multicellular organisms grow by cell division. In plants, growth occurs continuously throughout their life span. Non living organisms also grow if we take increase in body mass as criterian for growth. However, this kind of growth exhibited by non living objects is by accumulation of the material on surface. Growth, therefore cannot be taken as defining property of living organisms What are the twin characteristics of growth?
18. From the passage in question number 21, Growth in living organisms is from
19. From the passage in question number 21, Growth cannot be taken as a defining property or feature of living organisms because
20. From the passage in question number 21, Growth is synonymous with reproduction for which of the following organisms?
USA - United States of America Canada United Kingdom Australia New Zealand South America Brazil Portugal England Scotland Norway Ireland Denmark France Spain Poland Netherland Germany Sweden South Africa Ghana Tanzania Nigeria Kenya Ethiopia Zambia Singapore Malaysia India Pakistan Nepal Taiwan Philippines Libya Cambodia Hong Kong China UAE - Saudi Arabia Qatar Oman Kuwait Bahrain Dubai Israil and many more....