MCQ quiz on Rivers multiple choice questions and answers on Rivers MCQ questions on Rivers objectives questions with answer test pdf for interview preparations, freshers jobs and competitive exams. Professionals, Teachers, Students and Kids Trivia Quizzes to test your knowledge on the subject.
1. A landform that forms from deposition of sediment carried by a river as the flow leaves its mouth and enters slower-moving or standing water. This occurs where a river enters an ocean, sea, estuary, lake, reservoir, or (more rarely) another river that cannot transport away the supplied sediment.
2. A piece of land which formed as a result of a river depositing sediment into the sea is called:
3. A.............is a body of water that flows from high ground to low ground.
4. As a river begins to lose energy, material carried in suspension is deposited first and the rest of the load is carried farther. Think! Remember graded bedding.
5. In the lower course mostly...........takes place. This happens because the gradient is low and water flows slowly.
6. Natural embankments created alongside a river are known as:
7. Rivers are important because they provide
8. Rivers that flow over cliffs are called
9. Rivers with very fast-flowing and turbulent water.
10. The area where river water mixes with ocean water is called
USA - United States of America Canada United Kingdom Australia New Zealand South America Brazil Portugal England Scotland Norway Ireland Denmark France Spain Poland Netherland Germany Sweden South Africa Ghana Tanzania Nigeria Kenya Ethiopia Zambia Singapore Malaysia India Pakistan Nepal Taiwan Philippines Libya Cambodia Hong Kong China UAE - Saudi Arabia Qatar Oman Kuwait Bahrain Dubai Israil and many more....