41. Which one of the following statements is correct about biodiversity ?
42. Which of the following statements (i â€“ vi) are correct ?
(i) Growth cannot be taken as a defining property of living organism.
(ii) Dead organism does not grow.
(iii) Reproduction cannot be an all inclusive defining characteristic of living organisms.
(iv) No non-living object is capable of replicating itself.
(v) Metabolism in a test tube is non-living.
(vi) Metabolism is a defining feature of all living organisms.
43. Which of the following statements are correct?
(i) Genus comprises a group of related species.
(ii) Taxon represents a taxonomic group of individual organisms.
(iii) Family comprises a group of related genera.
(iv) Taxonomic category class includes related orders.
44. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct ?
(i) All living organisms have ability to respond the environment stimuli which could be physical, chemical or biological.
(ii) Plants respond to external factors like light, water, temperature, other organisms, pollutants, etc.
(iii) Photoperiod affects the process of reproduction.
(iv) Human being is the only organism who has self-consciousness.
45. Which of the following taxonomic categories is being described by the given statements(i-iii) ?
(i) It is the basic unit of classification.
(ii) It is defined as the group of individuals which resemble in their morphological and reproductive characters and interbreed among themselves and produce fertile off springs.
(iii) Human beings belong to the species sapiens which is grouped in the genus Homo.
46. Which of the following does not come under taxon?
47. Assertion: Living organisms are regarded as closed systems.
Reason: Energy of living organisms can not be lost or gained from external environment.
48. Assertion : The species is reproductively isolated natural population.
Reason : Prokaryotes cannot be kept under differents species on the basis of reproductive isolation.
49. Assertion : Chemotaxonomy is classifying organisms at molecular level.
Reason : Cytotaxonomy is classifying organisms at cellular level.
50. Assertion: Bacteria, Protista do not have circulatory system.
Reason: These organisms live in moist and watery environment.
USA - United States of America Canada United Kingdom Australia New Zealand South America Brazil Portugal England Scotland Norway Ireland Denmark France Spain Poland Netherland Germany Sweden South Africa Ghana Tanzania Nigeria Kenya Ethiopia Zambia Singapore Malaysia India Pakistan Nepal Taiwan Philippines Libya Cambodia Hong Kong China UAE - Saudi Arabia Qatar Oman Kuwait Bahrain Dubai Israil and many more....