81. The substitution of the aspirated /k/ for the un-aspirated /k/ in the word sky does not alter the meaning of the word. It is an instance of
82. The system of phonetic notation composed of symbols and letters devised by the International Phonetic Association is
83. The systematic study of signs is called
84. The term semiology was introduced by
85. The term semiotics was introduced by
86. The term which is used to designate words which are spelt differently but pronounced alike and which are different in meaning.
87. The term..............refers to omissions of certain sounds, syllables or even words in continuous speech
88. The theory of Transformational Generative Grammar is contained in
89. The theory which is based on the assumption that language originated as a result of human instinct to imitate sounds
90. The theory which is based on the assumption that language originated as a result of the involuntary exclamations of pain, surprise, pleasure or wonder
MCQ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers on Language and Linguistics
Language and Linguistics Trivia Questions and Answers PDF
Language and Linguistics Question and Answer
USA - United States of America Canada United Kingdom Australia New Zealand South America Brazil Portugal Netherland South Africa Ethiopia Zambia Singapore Malaysia India China UAE - Saudi Arabia Qatar Oman Kuwait Bahrain Dubai Israil England Scotland Norway Ireland Denmark France Spain Poland and many more....