Cloud Computing Interview Questions
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the term used to describe on-demand internet access to computing resources such as programs, servers (physical and virtual), development tools, data storage, networking capabilities, and others that are located at a remote data center controlled by a Cloud Services Provider (CSP). The CSP charges a monthly subscription fee or a usage fee for these tools.
Why Learn Cloud Computing Skills?
Business operations have been revolutionized by cloud computing, thus cloud engineers need to be knowledgeable in both business and technology.
- Technical Skills: Understanding of HTML and computing concepts
- Business Concepts: Cloud engineers should be familiar with terms like ROI (Return on Investment), marketing tactics, and business plans.
- Data Analysis: Data analysis involves handling massive amounts of data and make the best use of ERP systems.
- Data Protection: Businesses prefer applicants who have a working grasp of network security, because cloud computing focuses on data security.
- Project Management: It requires an understanding of risk management, service agreements, and integration with other operations.
Cloud Computing Syllabus
The subjects offered may range from university to university due to institutional variances. The following are the main topics of the cloud computing syllabus:
- Concepts of virtualization
- Fundamentals of the cloud
- Private cloud infrastructure
- Public cloud-computing environment
- PaaS and SaaS cloud
- Cloud computing security
- Cloud ethics and standards
Definition of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is a modern technology that is based on the internet. The cloud is being used by the latest advancements to provide services whenever and wherever users need them. It enables connections to different servers all around the world.
Categorization of the Various Service Types
Any basic cloud computing syllabus will include names like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and a few more. They provide services that assist large and small organizations in hosting various apps. It is critical for organizations to compare suppliers and select the best cloud solution for their needs. This is why the cloud computing curriculum includes a separate module for recognizing and categorizing cloud service companies. Adopting the correct cloud service simplifies and reduces the cost of product development.
Drivers of Cloud Solutions
Organizations have been motivated to use cloud computing to satisfy and support the requirements of these drivers. They have also encouraged firms to become cloud environment suppliers.
Handling Cloud Security
Moving forward, cloud security becomes a focal feature in the cloud computing training curriculum. It is necessary for cloud service providers who focus on regulated enterprises to evaluate governance solutions. Cloud security is also concerned with the categorization and exploitation of Software as a Service (SaaS).
The term "cloud computing" describes the on-demand provision of computer system resources, especially processing power and data storage, without the user's direct active supervision. In large cloud systems, operations are usually distributed over several sites, each of which is a data center.
Deployment of Software Solutions and Web Applications
Cloud deployment is the process of deploying an application using one or more cloud-based hosting models, such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and/or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). This covers planning, designing, executing, and running cloud workloads. To deploy a solution in the cloud, specialists must understand principles such as SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) and REST (Representational State Transfer) web service implementation.
Exploring Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a method of cloud computing in which customers can access software and hardware solutions online from a third-party vendor. These tools are mainly required for application development.
Evaluating the Architecture
Cloud computing architecture combines SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) with EDA (Event Driven Architecture). Cloud computing architecture includes client infrastructure, application, resource, runtime cloud, storage, infrastructure, administration, and security.
30 Cloud Computing Interview Questions and Answers for 2023
The following are the best cloud computing interview questions of 2023:
1. What are the advantages of using cloud computing?
The following are the main advantages of using cloud computing:
- Data backup and data storage.
- Strong server capability.
- Increased productivity.
- Extremely cost-effective and time-saving.
- Software as a Service, or SaaS.
2. Mention platforms used in large-scale cloud computing?
- Apache Hadoop
3. Explain different models for deployment in cloud computing?
The following are the different cloud computing deployment models:
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Community cloud
4. What is the difference between cloud computing and computing for mobiles?
Mobile and cloud computing are comparable concepts. The concept of cloud computing is applied to mobile computing. Cloud computing offers users with the data they require when mobile computing, apps run on a remote server, and users have access to storage and management.
5. How can a user gain from utility computing?
A utility computing plug-in is an enterprise-maintained plug-in that decides what type of cloud services must be offered.
6. For transport in the cloud, how can you secure your data?
By implementing the encryption key, we can secure the data while it is being transported in the cloud. This not only helps to ensure data security, but it also helps to prevent data leakage.
7. What are the security aspects in the cloud?
- Cloud computing is utilized in identity management because it authorizes the application service.
- It gives users authorization so that they can regulate the access of another user who enters the cloud environment.
8. List out different layers which define the full cloud architecture?
The four Cloud layers are:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Function as a service (FaaS)
9. What are system integrators in Cloud computing?
System integration binds system components together and guarantees that the system runs smoothly. A system integrator is an individual or company that specializes in system integration.
10. "What does '' EUCALYPTUS" stand for?"
It is an acronym that stands for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture for Linking Your Program to Useful Systems.
11. Can you explain how "EUCALYPTUS" is used in cloud computing?
It is an open-source software framework for creating private, public, and hybrid clouds in cloud computing. Also, connect programs to systems and construct data centers.
12. What is the requirement of a virtualization platform in implementing cloud computing?
The main usage of a virtualization platform in cloud implementation is:
- It's used to keep track of service-level policies.
- Operating System for the Cloud.
- Virtualization platforms aid in distinguishing between backend and user-level concepts.
13. What are the essential things to be considered by users before going for a cloud computing platform, ?
- Data Loss
- Business continuity
- Data Storage
- Data integrity
14. Mention some open source cloud computing platform databases?
Databases for open-source cloud computing platforms include MongoDB, CouchDB, and LucidDB.
15. What are the security laws in place to protect data in the cloud?
The following security laws are used to protect data in the cloud:
- Validating input
- The output reconciliation
- Backup and recovery
16. Mention some major cloud providers and databases?
- BigTable by Google
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Cloud-based SQL
17. Explain the difference between traditional and cloud data centers?
Traditional data centers are more expensive than cloud data centers because traditional databases suffer from overheating as well as other software and hardware difficulties.
18. Explain what the different modes of software as a service (SaaS) are used for?
- Simple multi-tenancy
- Fine grain multi-tenancy
19. What is the use of an API in cloud services?
API stands for Application Programming Interface. It is used for following purposes:
- Removes the need to write full-fledged programs.
- Facilitates application use
- Connects cloud services to other systems
20. What are the different data centers there deployed for cloud computing?
In cloud computing, there are two types of data centers: low-density data centers and containerized data centers.
21. In cloud computing, what are the different layers?
Cloud computing is composed of five layers:
- Cluster Controller (CC)
- Storage Controller (SC)
- Cloud Controller (CLC)
- Node Controller (NC)
22. List down all the three basic clouds in cloud computing.
- Professional, Performance and Personal clouds are the three basic clouds.
23. What are the resources supplied by infrastructure as a service?
The cloud provider manages the IaaS infrastructure's server, storage, and networking resources and makes them available to subscriber businesses via virtual machines that can be accessed online.
24. What are the business benefits involved in a cloud architecture?
- Zero infrastructure investment
- Just-in-time Infrastructure
- More efficient resource utilization
25. What are the characteristics of cloud architecture that separates it from traditional one?
- The server hardware is provided and maintained by the service provider in cloud architecture.
- Users can access the services they require via the internet, avoiding the need for new gear.
26. Mention what the difference between scalability and elasticity in cloud computing is?
Scalability is a cloud computing feature that is used to accommodate increasing workloads by raising the proportion of resource capacity. The architecture uses scalability to supply on-demand resources if traffic demands it.
Elasticity is a characteristic that enables the dynamic activation and decommissioning of massive amounts of resource capacity. It is defined by the rate at which resources become available and are used.
27. Mention all the services that the Window Azure Operating System provides.
28. List down the essential characteristics of cloud computing?
- Self-service available on demand
- Resource pooling
- Rapid elasticity and scalability
- Pricing based on usage
- Measurable service
- Resilience and accessibility
- Broad network connectivity
29. Mention in what ways cloud architecture provides performance transparency and automation?
Cloud architecture makes use of incredible tools to enable performance transparency and automation. The management of cloud architecture and reporting are both done with it. Automation is a critical component of cloud architecture that is utilized to increase quality.
30. Explain the role of performance cloud?
Monitoring the resources that support software application performance in public, private, and hybrid cloud environments is the practice of cloud application performance management (cloud APM), with the ultimate goal of taking action to alleviate issues and sustain peak performance.
Basic Interview Questions on Cloud Computing
1. What are some of the most important aspects of cloud computing?
- Location agnostic
2. Describe a cloud.
A cloud is a network, hardware, service, storage, and interface collaboration that aids in the delivery of computing as a service. There are three users:
- Customers and clients
- Users of business management software
- Providers of cloud services
Cloud Computing Interview Questions for Experienced Professionals
- Amazon Web Services(AWS) Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is EC2?
EC2, a cloud-based virtual machine over which you have full OS control. You can use this cloud server anytime you want and when you need to deploy your own servers in the cloud, comparable to your on-premises servers, and when you want complete control over the machine's hardware and upgrades.
2. Describe SnowBall.
SnowBall is a simple program that allows you to move gigabytes of data both inside and outside of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
Google Cloud Platform(GCP) Interview Questions and Answers
1. List some of the advantages of using the Google cloud platform.
- GCP offers reasonable prices.
- Google Cloud servers enable access to information from anywhere.
- GCP provides superior performance and offerings than other cloud hosting options.
- Google Cloud provides timely and effective server and security updates.
2. What are the features of Google Cloud Platform?
Secure, scalable and durable object storage. Google Cloud command-line tools and libraries. PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server relational database services. Containerized apps run in a managed environment. Data warehouse for insights and business agility.
Windows Azure Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is the Azure Machine Learning Text Analysis API?
Text Analysis API is a collection of web services for the purpose of text analysis. On unstructured text, it is utilized for sentiment analysis and key extraction. It produces scores ranging from 0 to 1, eliciting a favorable or negative sensation.
2. How does Azure DevOps work?
Azure DevOps is a SaaS platform that offers development services such as task planning, collaborative programming, application development, and deployment. It provides a complete DevOps toolchain for software development and deployment. It can interface with a variety of common market products and is an excellent method to set up a DevOps toolchain.
How to Be Prepared for a Cloud Computing Job Interview?
The interview questions will largely be determined by the position that a company is looking for. It will also be determined by the interviewee's level of experience. Freshmen are asked more conceptual and use-case-specific questions. Simultaneously, experienced Cloud Engineers should anticipate more architectural and design-related queries.
- Prepare Thoroughly for One Specific Cloud Technology: It is ideal to select and master a technology that one is already familiar with. The fundamental architecture and design of all Cloud Computing technologies are the same. Knowing one technology (say, Microsoft Azure) inside and out will allow you to better relate to other technologies. It is best to learn the architecture of a single technology. Some hands-on experience is also valued because it can set one apart from other candidates.
- Familiarize Yourself with Cloud Computing Terminology: The interviewee must be comfortable conversing in Cloud Computing jargon. Knowing something and being able to communicate it effectively are two very different skills. It is not necessary to be familiar with all of the industry terminology and phrases, but it is beneficial to be familiar with the fundamentals.
Cloud computing will have a significant impact on the computer industry, especially software businesses and Internet service providers. Cloud computing makes it incredibly simple for businesses to provide their products to end users without having to worry about hardware configurations or other server requirements. Cloud computing and virtualization are distinguished by the fact that all control plane activities centered on the construction, management, and maintenance of the virtual environment are outsourced to an API and other cloud management servers.