11. Mechanical equivalent is associated with:
12. A silver tea spoon is placed in a cup filled with hot tea. After some time, the exposed end of the spoon becomes hot even without a direct contact with the liquid. This phenomenon can be explained by:
13. The process of heat transfer from object to another because of molecular motion and interaction is called:
14. When we touch a piece of metal and a piece of wood that are placed in the same room, the piece of metal feels much colder than the piece of wood. This happens because of the difference in:
15. The process of heat transfer by the movement of mass from one place to another is called:
16. Which mechanism of heat transfer is involved in heating a pot with water on a stove?
17. Which mechanism of heat transfer is involved in heat flow from Sun to Earth?
18. If the absolute temperature of a radiating object is doubled, by what factor does the rate of energy emission change?
MCQ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers on Thermodynamics
Thermodynamics Question and Answer